How to Take an Anavar Dose
- 1). Obtain a prescription for Oxandrin from your doctor or hospital. Doctors can prescribe Oxandrin to treat conditions such as osteoporosis, patients who cannot gain weight or regenerate tissue after surgery or trauma (such as burns) or patients suffering from the muscle-wasting effects of HIV.
- 2). Fill your prescription at a licensed pharmacist. The United States Department of Justice has listed Oxandrolone as a Schedule III drug, making it illegal to buy, sell, prescribe or dispense without a prescription or from a licensed pharmacist.
- 3). Break up your total daily dose into two to four sessions. For instance, if your doctor prescribes a dosage of 10 mg daily, schedule two dosage times of 5 mg each or four dosage times of 2.5 mg each.
- 4). Take each dosage with a glass of water. You can take Oxandrolone with a meal.
- 5). Take any missed doses as soon as you realize you have forgotten to take Oxandrolone, but before taking your next dose and without taking two doses at once.
- 6). Tell your doctor if you suffer from any of the androgenic (masculinizing) effects of Oxandrolone, such as priapism, testicular atrophy or sudden acne (in men) or acne, increased facial or body hair growth, a deepened voice or alterations to your menstrual cycle, including stoppage. Your doctor may lower or stop your dosage to avoid these side effects.
- 7). Continue taking Oxandrolone until your doctor instructs you to stop. The website Rx List suggests that Oxandrolone therapy will achieve its effects in two to four weeks; Savient Pharmaceuticals reports that Oxandrolone should not be taken for longer than four months.