Gift Suggestions for 1969 Camaro Owners
- A Camaro owner will enjoy a Camaro-related gift.gift image by Marek Kosmal from Fotolia.com
Although Camaro model years 1967, 1968 and 1969 are all considered first generation models, the 1969 Camaro stands out as the most unique. From the grille and instrument panel to the taillights and fenders, the 1969 was slightly tweaked to give it its own unique look. Today it carries definite cache among collectors and enthusiasts. If you're shopping for a gift for the owner of a 1969 Camaro, he would undoubtedly love and appreciate a Camaro-related item.
Photo of the Car
- Depending upon how close you are to the Camaro owner, you may be able to secretly take a photo of the car at its finest. Make sure the car is washed and waxed, park it outside on a sunny day in a spot without too many background distractions, and snap away from all angles. Be sure to get some close-ups of the grille and any logos. If you end up with lots of great shots, you could even have the photo store print up a collage for you.
If you are unable to sneak the car out for a secret photo shoot, consider taking some photos with the owner posed next to the car. You can have a small print framed for his desk, or even get the shot enlarged to poster size.
- General Motors offers a line of licensed fan merchandise, including clothing and gift items. If you do a quick Internet search, you'll find a wide assortment of Chevrolet or Camaro-themed T-shirts, hats, racing jackets, calendars, infant clothing, dog leashes and cigarette lighters.
1969 Camaro Model or Diecast Replica
- While model car enthusiasts may enjoy assembling a model Camaro, there are plenty of ready-made models and replicas available. 1969 Camaro replicas and models can be found in assorted sizes and colors, some made of plastic and others of diecast metal. Diecast engine replicas also are available. A Camaro owner will certainly find a special spot on the desk, mantel or display cabinet to showcase this miniature tribute.
- According to the Motor Bookstore, the "Camaro Restoration Guide 1967-1969" from Motorbooks International is "the source for restoration information" and "provides the definitive answers to any Camaro fan's questions." This book features more than 800 photos and factory illustrations and covers every inch of the 1967-1969 Camaro. Many consider it the "bible" for anyone who is restoring a Camaro from that era. Even if the gift recipient's Camaro is already restored, he will enjoy reading this book and looking through the photos.
Vintage Auto Magazines
- Thanks to the Internet it is not difficult to track down issues of old auto or racing magazines that feature the 1969 Camaro. Do an Internet search or visit an online auction house and you will find a treasure trove of unique and interesting vintage magazines that a Camaro owner will enjoy.