What Are the Causes of Extreme Tiredness & Weakness?
- The primary symptoms include extreme tiredness and weakness in muscles and joints. Other symptoms could include vertigo or dizziness, and feelings of aches and pains.
- Extreme tiredness and weakness is usually caused by several things, such as anemia, a thyroid disorder, depression or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- In rare cases, extreme tiredness and weakness can be cause by a parasite, fibromyalgia or an allergy.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a complex disorder that leaves sufferers extremely exhausted and weak feeling, often to the point they cannot function properly. It is hard to diagnosis and difficult to treat, though doctors can help alleviate symptoms.
- Your doctor will run a series of tests on you before giving you a set diagnosis, because many of these conditions have similar symptoms. Tests could include blood tests and blood counts.
- There are treatments available for all of the causes of extreme tiredness and weakness. The specific treatment you receive will depend on your doctor's findings, but could include medication, blood transfusions or iron supplements.