How to Turn in Handicap Placard Abuse to the DMV
- 1). Wait for the driver to leave his vehicle. Don't confront him, recommends Handicapped Fraud.org. Jot down a brief description of what he looks like.
- 2). Write down the license plate number. Jot down the vehicle make, model and color.
- 3). Write down the identification number at the bottom of the handicapped parking tag.
- 4). Complete a handicapped placard abuse reporting form. Visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles, or check your state DMV website. Some states allow you to fill out the form online.
- 5). Report the abuse to Handicapped Abuse.org via their website or smart phone application. The website gathers statistics about placard abuse and reports them to local DMV offices so that they can investigate, spot trends and issue citations.