- 1). Eat 1 tbsp. of peanut butter whenever you experience hiccups. This is one of the oldest, most effective hiccup remedy. If your hiccups continue after 1 tbsp. of peanut butter, wait 5 minutes and then consume another tablespoon.
- 2). Dissolve one whole sugar cube in your mouth when you start to hiccup. The sugar cube will dissolve in several minutes, and your hiccups will soon leave.
- 3). Add 2 tsp. of salt to one cup of yogurt. Make sure that the yogurt is plain with no additives. Eat this mixture slowly to cure your hiccups.
- 4). Slice a small piece of fresh ginger and at the first signs of hiccups, slowly chew on the ginger slice. Chew on the ginger until your hiccups are completely gone.
- 5). Place an ice pack directly on your diaphragm during hiccups to quickly eliminate them. Your diaphragm is located about 4 to 5 inches above your bellybutton where your rib cage meets in the middle of your torso.