- 1). Connect the new iPod to your computer with the USB cable provided.
- 2). Wait for iTunes to open. If the iPod was previously synced to another computer, a pop-up window appears, warning you that the iPod is synced to another iTunes library. Click "Erase and Sync." This erases the files on the iPod.
- 3). Click the iTunes "File" menu. Then click "New Playlist." Name the playlist so you can easily remember it is for the new iPod.
- 4). Click "Music" in the "Library" menu on the left.
- 5). Highlight the songs in your music library that you want to load onto the new iPod. Drag them onto the new playlist.
- 6). Click the entry for your iPod in the "Devices" menu on the left.
- 7). Click "Music" in the main section of the iTunes window. Then click on "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres." Select the new playlist you created.
- 8). Click the "Sync" button on the bottom right of the window. Wait for iTunes to sync with the iPod.
- 9). Click the "eject" icon beside the iPod. Then safely disconnect your iPod from the computer.