How to Use Trend Micro RUBotted
- 1). Navigate to the Trend Micro homepage and click on the "See All Products & Solutions" link at the top of the screen.
- 2). Scroll down the page to the "HouseCall Free Scan" link under the "Free Tools and Services" heading. Click the link.
- 3). Click the RUBotted picture icon on the right side of the HouseCall program page to go to the RUBotted program page. Click the "Download" button at the top of the screen to download the program.
- 4). Run the program to install it on the computer. A program icon appears in the system tray at the bottom of the computer screen.
- 5). Bring up the RUBotted program. Either click on the program icon in the system tray and select "Bring Up RUBotted Console," or choose "Start," "All Programs" and then "RUBotted." The RUBotted program automatically scans the computer system and reports how many bots, if any, it finds.
- 6). Watch the program icon in the system tray. If an "X" appears over it, a malicious bot is infecting the system and must be removed. Visit the free HouseCall program on the Trend Micro website to remove any bots found by RUBotted, or use your own virus protection program to scan and disinfect the computer system.