About Winter White Hamsters
- Winter White Hamsters have the name because their coats turn white in the winter, but return to their dark gray color as winter recedes. It takes months for their coats to return to gray. If you'd like for your hamster's coat to stay white longer, try artificially producing longer days with florescent lighting.
- Winter White Hamsters tend to breed when their fur has returned to gray.
- Winter White Hamsters that are fully grown are three to five inches.
- These hamsters are very social creatures, and tend to get along with males and females if they are put together when they are young.
- Winter White Hamsters become active at night.