The Bottom Line
Hodgson Mill Wholesome White Bread Mix makes bread making convenient.
- Very convenient for baking bread away from home.
- Can be oven baked or used in a bread machine.
- Tastes just as good as bread from scratch.
- Using the mix only shaves off a few minutes of preparation time.
- The mix is not as cheap as making bread from scratch.
- Cholesterol free.
- Low fat.
- Includes yeast packet.
- Can be mixed by hand and baked in oven.
- Formulated for 1-1/2 lb. bread machines but can be adjusted for 1 lb. bread machines.
Guide Review - Hodgson Mill Wholesome White Bread Mix
When baking a simple loaf of white bread, you will need a bag of flour, sugar, some salt, and yeast. Hodgson Mill Wholesome White Bread Mix eliminates the counter clutter by putting all the ingredients you need inside one box. To make, just pour the bag of bread mix in a bowl, add the yeast packet that comes inside the box, and mix in the water. Because there is no need for multiple ingredients, Hodgson Mill Wholesome White Bread Mix is great for taking on vacation trips where you can plug in your bread machine or have access to an oven.
For people who are unsure about whether or not they can bake their own bread, this mix takes out all the guess work and allow the new baker to focus on the experience rather than the ingredients. All the ingredients needed are already in the box. The only thing that needs to be measured out is the water that is added to the mix.
Hodgson Mill Wholesome White Bread Mix makes a white bread with a lovely brown crust. The inside is moist and the taste is surprisingly flavorful. The price of the mix, however, is comparable with store bought bread and is not as cheap as making bread form scratch.