How to Roast Colorado Chilies
- 1). Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2). Arrange the Colorado chilies in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 3). Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow the chilies to roast for 5 minutes or until the skin begins to blister. Flip the chilies halfway through the roasting process, as required.
- 4). Remove the chilies from the oven. Place the hot chilies in a plastic freezer bag and seal the bag.
- 5). Allow the chilies to rest inside the plastic bag for 15 minutes. During this time, the chilies will sweat and the skin will loosen, making for easy peeling later.