A favorite of Mother Nature, this region of the country is enveloped in gorgeous greenery and natural beauty.
Every attraction of South India has its own unique charm and beauty, but among all the attractions the beaches top the list.
Enchanting to the hilt, the beaches of South India make this region an internationally famous tourist destination of India.
Its world class beaches attract tourists from across the globe.
Some of the famous beaches of South India are: Kerala Beaches: Kerala, God's Own Country is a paradise for beach lovers.
Recognized as a nature friendly destination, this state boasts of fascinating beaches.
· Kovalam Beach: This beautiful town takes pride in its three small bow-shaped beaches namely Lighthouse, Hawah and Samudra.
The lighthouse beach is the most famous one.
There is a lighthouse here which offers breathtaking views of the sea and the town.
Hawah beach was once famous for topless bathing but now it is banned here.
Samudra is the place where fisherman catch fishes for their living.
All the three beaches are separated by rock headlands.
· Varkala beach: It is famous for its mineral springs which are believed to posses medicinal properties.
· Kappad beach: This palm fringed beach is very picturesque and one of its striking features is a giant rock jutting out of the sea.
Karnataka Beaches: · Karwar Beach: This picture-perfect beach offers peaceful environment where you can rejuvenate your body and mind.
· Bhatkal beach: This wonderful beach is surrounded by hills on which amazing temples stand.
Tamil Nadu beaches: Marina beach: It is the second longest beach in the world which is very famous among tourists.
· Rameshwaram beach: This incredibly beautiful beach offers great opportunity for swimming because of its shallow and peaceful waters.
It is also a revered pilgrimage center of Hindus.
· Kanyakumari beach: High on nature beauty, this beach never fails to leave the tourists spell bound.
Pondicherry beaches: · Karailkal beach: This is an amazing beach offering picture-perfect views of sunrise.
Its beautiful surroundings add more charm to it.
· Mahe beach: Apart from its scenic beauty it boasts of several fishing hamlets surrounding it.
· Paradise beach: Blessed with heavenly beauty, this beach is a must-visit destination.