Common Side Effects
- There are various common side effects that could occur as a result of Isentress. These side effects are generally considered to be minor, as they tend to subside as the body adapts to the medicine. However, if the side effects get worse or persist, medical help might be required. These side effects are nausea, headache and diarrhea.
Serious Side Effects
- Serious side effects are also possible with Isentress. In cases of serious side effects, it is crucial to seek emergency medical assistance. Some potentially dangerous side effects of Isentress include urine amount changes, abnormal lumps or skin growths, changes in the skin, yellowing of the eyes or of the skin, peeling, red, swollen or blistered skin, lingering stomachache or dizziness, suicidal behaviors or thoughts, pale stools, depression, darker colored urine, sudden changes in vision, shortness of breath, sudden and extreme throwing up and headache, chest ache, chills, fever, passing out, muscle weakness, tenderness or pain, and leg or arm numbness.
- Allergic reactions are also considered to be serious side effects of Isentress. In situations of allergic reaction, it is necessary to immediately get medical assistance. Some signs of allergic reaction to Isentress include chest tightness, swelling of the face, lips, mouth and tongue, difficulty breathing, skin rash, breaking out into hives and itchiness.
- It is vital to exercise caution when considering whether Isentress is an appropriate medication for your HIV treatment. You must notify your doctor of your medical history, particularly if you have or have had liver or kidney disease, any type of muscle disorder, depression or any other kind of mental condition.
- Drug interactions can happen when more than one medicine is taken at the same time. These interactions can lead to decreased or increased effectiveness of one or more of the medications that are involved. Some drugs that can lead to interactions with Isentress include phenobarbital, rifampin, and various cholesterol medicines (such as simvastatin and pravastatin).