CEP (Código de Endereçamento Postal) is the eight-digit Brazilian postal code. If you have a complete Brazil address except for the postal code, here's how you can use the CEP database:
- Go to the CEP Search (Busca CEP page, www.buscacep.correios.com.br).
- Choose the state abbreviation in the UF(Federation Unit, or state) scroll down box.
- Choose the street denomination (alley, avenue, street etc.) in the Tipo (Kind) scroll down box.
- Type just the name of the street in Logradouro.
- In No/Lote/Apto/Casa type in the street number for the address (complements are not necessary).
- Click the yellow button to the left, where it says OK.