Advanced Practice Nursing Scholarships
American Cancer Society Scholarships in Cancer Nursing Practice
- The American Cancer Society sponsors a scholarship program for graduate and doctoral nursing students who are interested in pursuing a career in cancer nursing practice or research. Students at the master's level are eligible to receive up to $10,000 per year for two years while doctoral candidates may receive up to $15,000 per year for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewing their award for an additional two years. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited nursing program, be a licensed registered nurse and demonstrate a career commitment to cancer nursing through professional, extracurricular or volunteer activities.
American Cancer Society
250 Williams Street NW, 6th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
March of Dimes Graduate Scholarships
- The March of Dimes offers scholarship awards of $5,000 to graduate nursing students who are pursuing degrees in maternal-child nursing. The program is open to registered nurses who are enrolled at the master's or doctoral level and who belong to a professional nursing organization, such as the National Association of Neonatal Nurses. Applicants must have at least one year of study to complete their degree, and awards are nonrenewable.
March of Dimes
1275 Mamaroneck Ave.
White Plains, NY 10605
Commonwealth of Virginia Nursing Scholarship Program
- The Virginia Department of Health sponsors scholarships for full- and part-time Virginia nursing students who are pursuing master's or doctoral degrees in nursing education. The program provides selected students with up to $20,000 per year in education funding for up to two years of study. All recipients must agree to teach in an accredited Virginia nursing program for a minimum of two years after graduation, and selection priority is given to students who commit to teaching in a community college.
Virginia Department of Health
109 Governor Street
Richmond, VA 23219
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Scholarships
- The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) awards scholarships of $1,500 to outstanding students enrolled in pediatric nurse practitioner degree programs. Applicants must be current NAPNAP members and be enrolled in an accredited pediatric nursing program at the master's or doctoral level. The program is designed for registered nurses with no formal pediatric nursing education who demonstrate financial need.
National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
20 Brace Road, Suite 200
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-2634
North Carolina Nurses Association Scholarships
- The North Carolina Nurses Association sponsors several scholarships for North Carolina nursing students pursuing degrees at the graduate level. The Eunice M. Smith Scholarship is available to master's and doctoral level nursing students who are enrolled on a part-time basis only. The Mary Lewis Wyche Fellowship is a $5,000 award for nursing students who are pursuing a master's or doctorate degree in nursing education or administration. The Loretta Ford Scholarship is available to registered nurses who are seeking graduate education in preparation for a career as an advanced nurse practitioner.
North Carolina Nurses Association
103 Enterprise Street
PO Box 12025
Raleigh, NC 27605