- Deramaxx is a pain medication for dogs. It is designed to alleviate the pain associated with osteoarthritis. Deramaxx is also prescribed for postoperative pain.
- Deramaxx is classified as a non-narcotic, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). The active ingredient is deracoxib. Deramaxx is in the same pharmaceutical class as ibuprofen and aspirin.
- Deramaxx is available in 25mg, 75mg and 100mg chewable tablets. The tablets are beef-flavored to make them more palatable.
- Deramaxx has been approved for long-term pain management. However, there is a risk of side effects. The commonly reported side effects affect the digestive system, liver and kidneys.
- Deramaxx is designed to control pain and inflammation for 24 hours.
- Deramaxx is made by Novartis Animal Health US, Inc. The company's corporate office is in Basel, Switzerland. The United States headquarters is in New Jersey.