How to Make Cat Masks Using Paper Plates
- 1). Choose a basic design for your cat masks. Search online for pictures of cats and cat masks to get some ideas for how you will decorate your mask.
- 2). Use a pencil to draw the outline of the mask and the eye holes on the paper plate. Use any leftover blank space on the paper plate to draw two triangles; these will be glued to the top of the mask to make the cat's ears.
- 3). Cut out the design and the ears from the paper plate. Help children start the eye holes. Hold the mask up to the child's face to make sure the eye holes line up with their actual eyes before completely cutting them out.
- 4). Use a pencil to poke a small hole on each side of the mask. This is where you will tie elastic string to the mask later on in the project.
- 5). Glue the two triangles (ears) to the top of the mask. Let these dry before adding any further decorations.
- 6). Add embellishments to the cat mask by drawing on whiskers or painting them with acrylic paint. Let the paint dry for a few hours before continuing with the decoration process. Use glue to add any final touches like feathers or glitter to the cat mask, and let dry.
- 7). Push one end of a piece of elastic string through one of the holes you make earlier and tie it off with a double knot. Hold the mask up to the child's face, pull the string around the back of her head and push the other end of the string through the second hole in the mask. Pull it through so that it is snug enough to hold the mask in place and then tie it off with a double knot.