- Create magnetic announcements they can stick on their fridge. Do this in any paint or design program on your computer. Inserting a digital photo and using a text box to write in the details of the upcoming wedding. Print these on 4-by-6 photo sheets and paste adhesive magnetic sheets to the back of each announcement. You can find adhesive magnetic sheets in many shapes, such as hearts; if you use a specially shaped magnetic sheet, trim the photo paper to match after it has been attached.
- Put together your own postcard at a photo site online. Websites such as Snapfish.com and Shutterfly.com give you the option of uploading your own photo for the front and inserting a personal message on the back. You can even choose from a variety of borders, fonts and colors. You'll get the option to send the postcard directly to your recipients or have them all shipped to your home, where you can address them yourself.
- Send electronic save the date reminders for free using Evite's online invitation service (Evite.com). You can choose from a list of invitations that are pre-made or create your own from scratch using your own photo and choice of designs. Each card is customizable to your event's details. Evite can import contacts directly from your email server, such as Yahoo! and AOL.
- Create a romantic slideshow that showcases the two of you as a couple. Insert a slide that announces details on saving the date. One True Media (OneTrueMedia.com) is a free website where you can upload your own photos and add in your own text and music to create a creative slideshow. It will generate a code that you can use to display on YouTube.com. Send your guests the link to view for themselves. Guests who are YouTube members can even comment on your video.
- Design your own save the date announcement using one of Avery's many free design templates online (Avery.com). You have the option of either downloading the software to your computer or designing a template directly on the website. There are many designs and icons to choose from with the additional option of uploading your own photo. After designing, save to your computer and print using your own printer.