How to Get Gmail on Windows Mobile 6
Setting Up IMAP Access
- 1). Open your computer's Internet browser, go to Gmail.com and log into your Gmail account. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Gmail screen and click "Mail settings" from the drop-down menu. Click the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab and select the "Enable IMAP" radio button.
- 2). Click "Start" on your Windows Mobile device then click "Messaging" in the "Programs" menu.
- 3). Type your Gmail email address into the "Email address" field, uncheck the box to automatically retrieve email settings then click "Next."
- 4). Open the email provider drop-down menu and select "Internet Email," type your display name in the first field, and name your email account in the second field. Click "Next."
- 5). Type "imap.gmail.com" as your incoming mail server, set the account type to IMAP4 and enter your Gmail credentials into the username and password fields. Click "Next."
- 6). Type "smtp.gmail.com" as your outgoing mail server field then check the "Outgoing server requires authentication" box. Click "Advanced Server Settings," check the "Require SSL" box and set the network connection to "The Internet." Click "Done" then click "Next."
- 7). Set the synchronization schedule you want then click "Finish."