How to Connect DSL to My Phone
- 1). Turn on your modem and wireless router. Connect your modem to your wireless router using an Ethernet cable. Plug one end to the Internet port of the modem and the other end to the "Ethernet," "WAN" or "WLAN" port in your wireless router. After a few seconds, the LED lights in your wireless router should blink or light up indicating that it is connected to the modem.
- 2). Connect another Ethernet cable from the wireless router into the Ethernet port of the computer. Turn on the computer. Place the installation CD of the wireless router into your optical drive.
- 3). Follow the installation instructions on your screen. Set an administrative password, a public name or SSID for your wireless connection, a network pass phrase and other security settings. Save the changes you made and reboot the computer.
- 4). Remove the Ethernet cable that connects the wireless router to the computer. On the computer, test whether the wireless connection is working. Click "Start," "Connect To," "Network and Internet," "Network and Sharing Center" and then "Connect to a Network." Select the name of your wireless connection and enter the network password to connect.
- 5). Turn on the wireless capability of your phone so that it detects wireless Internet connections. Navigate to the "Settings" menu and then look for "Available Wireless Networks." Select the name of your wireless Internet connection and then enter the network pass phrase when prompted.