How to Take Action After a Car Accident
- 1). Seek aid for any apparent injuries.
- 2). Call the police.
- 3). Notify security if the accident occurs on private property.
- 4). Give the authorities complete and accurate information.
- 5). Ask that a written report be made and get the report's identifying number.
- 6). Secure the names, addresses and driver's license numbers of other involved parties.
- 7). Get the other car's license number and state of issue.
- 8). Call your insurance agent and relay the pertinent information.
- 9). Discuss with your agent whether to file a claim through your own insurance company or pursue a liability claim against the other party.