How to Decorate Your Home With Stars
- 1). Play up a country-inspired decorative scheme. Hang tin or metal stars on walls and doors. Alternatively, place the stars on end tables to form a unique constellation. Purchase sets in a variety of sizes and textures for an elaborate rustic look.
- 2). Dress up furniture with star prints. Reupholster furniture to get the look or add decorative pillows and duvet covers. Longstar prints complement a western theme and nautical prints complement beach and sailing themes. Select a star print that complements the color scheme of the room.
- 3). Line up photo frames that feature star images along shelves or across a mantel. Wooden and digital photo frames are available in a variety of designs at home and goods stores as well as online retailers.
- 4). Decorate dining and kitchen tables with star print table cloths, place mats and cloth or paper napkins. Opt for a star-shaped centerpiece-serving ware kit or a holiday star serving platter, which offers a unique way to dress up any Christmas holiday meal.
- 5). Brighten your child's bedroom with self-adhesive glow-in-the-dark star stickers. Made of rechargeable materials, glow-in-the-dark stickers give the feeling of being under a starlit sky. Attach to your walls, ceiling or floor and recharge under light for 30 minutes or more, depending on the brand. This decorating tip is ideal for small children still in need of a "night light."