What Are the Causes of Daytime Fatigue?
- People who suffer from multiple sclerosis (MS) experience daytime fatigue. The reasons of daytime fatigue are caused by a range of things including but not limited to pain, discomfort, and anxiety. Sleep disturbance because of these reasons often cause daytime fatigue in MS patients.
- Aging is a cause of daytime fatigue. As a person gets older it is only natural that they become more tired throughout the day.
- Sleep apnea is a cause of daytime fatigue. Sleep apnea is a condition that disrupts a person's sleep three or more times a night. As a result of the constant waking up a person receives poor sleep quality and suffers excessive daytime fatigue.
- Diet is another reason for daytime fatigue. A poor diet can cause your energy to be depleted. Foods that deplete your energy include red meat, coffee, and alcohol. A change in diet can help you to have more energy.
- Poor digestion is another reason for daytime fatigue. If a person changes from eating large meals to five or six smaller meals the body can digest the meals faster helping to produce more energy.