How to Make an Antler Table Light
- 1). Drill a hole through the center of the round wooden base with the drill bit.
- 2). Sand the base with sandpaper. Wipe the base with a damp cloth to remove the sanding dust.
- 3). Apply wood stain to the base with a paintbrush and allow the wood to absorb the stain for 5 minutes before wiping it off with a clean cloth. Allow the stain to dry 30 minutes.
- 4). Apply a thin coat of satin finish polyurethane to the base with a foam brush. Let the base dry 4 hours.
- 5). Sand the base again and wipe it with a damp cloth.
- 6). Apply a second coat of satin finish polyurethane and allow the base to dry for 24 hours.
- 7). Glue the rubber feet from the lamp kit to the bottom of the base. They will raise the base to allow the lamp cord to pass underneath it.
- 8). Thread the fixture pipe from the kit through the hole in the center of the base. The cord should be at the bottom of the base.
- 9). Use the base washer and nut from the kit to secure the fixture pipe to the underside of the base.
Assemble the socket components by screwing the lock nut, the neck, the harp holder and the socket cap to the fixture pipe.
Arrange four whitetail deer antlers around the fixture pipe on the base. Once you have chosen the best positioning for them, secure them to the base and at any touching points with home projects repair adhesive. Wrap the joined points with painter's tape to support them while they dry for 8 hours.
Remove the painter's tape and install the lamp shade.