How to Install a 2005 Toyota Camry CD Player
- 1). Lift the hood of the Camry and disconnect the grounding cable from the battery. The grounding cable connects the negative battery terminal to the frame of the vehicle. Use a 10 mm wrench to loosen the cable's clamp and lift the cable away from the battery until the new CD player is completely installed. Return to the inside of the Toyota.
- 2). Place the trim panel removal tool into the crease between the main dash panel and the smaller dash panel that surrounds the climate controls. Pry the panel free from the dash.
- 3). Unplug the wiring connections to the back of the climate control knobs and set the panel aside.
- 4). Grab the bottom edge of the dash panel that surrounds the stereo and vents and pull it away from the dashboard. Remove the panel and set it aside.
- 5). Remove the four bolt screws around the factory stereo with a 7/16-inch socket wrench.
- 6). Slide the factory stereo from the Camry's stereo dock.
- 7). Unplug the stereo wiring connectors and antenna cable from the back of the factory stereo unit.
- 8). Place the aftermarket stereo faceplate adapter or installation sleeve into the vacant stereo dock. Feed the stereo wiring and antenna cable through the back of the sleeve to the front of the dashboard.
- 9). Plug the stereo wiring into a wiring harness adapter, if your new CD player is not compatible with the Camry's stereo wiring.
Connect the stereo wiring (via the wiring harness adapter if necessary) into the appropriate outlets on the back of the new CD player. The stereo wiring outlets are commonly found on the lower-right corner of the CD player's rear panel.
Plug the antenna cable into the FM antenna outlet on the back of the CD player (commonly located on the lower-left corner of the CD player's rear panel).
Slide the CD player into the stereo dock until it snaps into place.
Place the trim panel back around the stereo and vents and press firmly around its perimeter until it snaps back into place.
Connect the wiring from the dashboard below the stereo to the outlets on the back of the climate control panel.
Align the climate controls to the dashboard and press firmly across the panel until the panel snaps back into place on the dash. Return to the engine compartment.
Place the grounding cable clamp back around the negative battery terminal post. Tighten the cable to the post using the 10 mm wrench. Close the Toyota's hood.