How it works:
( for now, this is only a summary of what you could do with these e-books)
1. Buy an e-book with resell rights
What that means is that you can store it and sell it from your web site for any price above the specified X price in the reseller rights information of the e-book - yes, the author can sue you if you don't respect his conditions, after all, that's HIS/HER WORK and not yours
2. If you have ' GIVE AWAY" rights for it, DO IT
It is a freebie for your website visitors after all, and he may come back for more!
3. If you don't have the right to give it away, don't do it!
4. If the rights say that you can give it away as a site membership freebie, then charge a small site membership fee and give the e-book away
5. If the rights specify that you can offer it as a bonus when a customer buys any other product from you, offer it as a bonus!
You are going to say: " Hey, why would I want to give it away for free? I paid money for this e-book!"
And I would say : "So what?"
Cause here is the deal:
- You want your first time visitor to come back your site for more and more and more ...
- You want your site members to be happy with their $2/month membership
- Most important: Some of these e-books come with a rebranding option, meaning that all the referral links INSIDE the e-book will be yours at the point when you rebrand the book
Let's say you buy an e-book called "Weight Loss 101 " ( maybe it even exists); at a first brainstorm, what could you have in a book like that? I would say:
- Weight Loss Pills
- Weight Loss by Dieting
- Weight Loss by Exercising
- Weight Loss with Patches
- Weight Loss with Whatever Else
Now, there are a lot of websites that the author could like for every method described in his e-book. If every link is your referral link, what do you think it is going to happen?
Any not-that-thin customer that downloaded the FREE "Weight Loss 101" e-book will click at least one link in that ebook because he is interested in this type of products. That's why he downloaded it in the first place. Heck, what am I saying? He could probably link every WORD of his e-books to a web site with related products - if he wanted to.
If every link is your referral link, what do you think it is going to happen?
Any not-that-thin customer that downloaded the FREE "Weight Loss 101" e-book will click at least one link in that ebook because he is interested in this type of products. That's why he downloaded it in the first place.
Now you figure out the rest!