Catalonia Riviera Maya Activities
- In addition to diving classes the hotel lists many water sport activities available on the resort grounds. These activities include diving, windsurfing, sailing, kayaks, pedal boats, aerobics, water aerobics, water polo, beach and pool volleyball, table tennis, shuffleboard, basketball, archery, cycle rides and tennis. The resort also boasts a 9-hole golf course.
Theater Shows and Disco
- The nightly theater shows and disco (dance club) are avaiable to all guests and included with your stay. Many of the shows feature local dancing and music.
Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Del Carmen is a nearby town which advertises itself as a "social village."
Activities available in Playa Del Carmen include a lobster dinner cruise, snorkeling and swimming with the dolphins.
- In the nearby town of Puerto Aventuras you will find shopping, a world-class golf course, scuba diving, fishing, sailing and a second chance at swimming with the dolphins.
Anchient Mayan Ruins
- Although you will need to arrange your own transportation, there are several daytrips available to see sites once occupied by the Mayan Indians near Catalonia Riviera Maya. Chichen-Itza, the Mayan Capitol city, is the largest of these sites in this area and features a departure from Playa Del Carmen.