How Can I Get a Pennsyvania State ID Card?
- 1). Access an application for an initial photo identification card (Form DL-54A) available online at the PennDOT website or in person at a local Driver's License Center.
- 2). Complete the application with the required information including name, address, birth date, Social Security number and physical attributes.
- 3). Indicate if you would like to be identified as an organ donor on your ID card. Sign and date the application.
- 4). Submit your completed application to the Driver's License Center in your area.
- 5). Present an original Social Security card and birth certificate or U.S. passport. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must provide a passport, any available immigration documents and verification from a school or employer.
- 6). Provide two documents in your name with a valid Pennsylvania address. A mortgage or rental statement, utility bill or tax record are acceptable residency documents.
- 7). Have your photograph taken once your application and personal documents have been verified.
- 8). Pay the required fee in the form of check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. As of 2010, the fee for a state ID card is $12.