How to Install a Stereo on a Honda Accord EX Wagon
- 1). Lift the hood of the Honda Accord and disconnect the grounding cable from the negative battery terminal with the 10 millimeter wrench.
- 2). Remove the clock from the dash panel with a small flathead screwdriver. Pull the clock from the dashboard and disconnect the power supply wiring.
- 3). Remove the screw in the back of the opening revealed by the removed clock with a Philips-head screwdriver.
- 4). Remove the two screws on the under side of the center dash panel with a Philips-head screwdriver.
- 5). Pull the center dash panel from the bottom edge, away from the dashboard. Work your hands around the perimeter of the panel. The panel will snap free from the dashboard.
- 6). Remove the four screws surrounding the factory stereo. The two screws on either side can be removed with a Philips-head screwdriver.
- 7). Pull the factory stereo from the stereo mounting dock and disconnect the wiring connected to the back of the unit.
- 8). Connect the stereo wiring to a wiring harness adapter.
- 9). Insert a faceplate adapter into the vacant stereo mounting dock. Pull the stereo wiring with the wiring harness adapter not connected through to the front of the faceplate adapter.
Connect the wiring harness adapter leads to the aftermarket stereo.
Slide the aftermarket stereo into the opening provided by the faceplate adapter.
Replace the grounding cable clamp onto the negative battery terminal with a 10 millimeter wrench.