Nested in the Rockies of Colorado Vail is famous for its Champagne powder, lively nightlife and breathtaking scenery.
I have complied here some facts and reason why Vail should be at the top of your list when considering a ski vacation in the Rockies.
Reason 1) Location.
Vail is approximately 98 miles up the I-70 interstate from Denver, Colorado making it about an hour and forty minute drive from the airport if you fly into Denver International Airport.
After a long flight to colorado its nice to know only a short drive awaits you to reach your winter wonderland.
Vail, is surrounded by other ski resort such as A-Basin, Keystone, Aspen, Steamboat Springs, and Breckenridge allowing a very large degree of variety if you want to ski other resorts in Colorado during your stay.
Reason 2) Snow.
Vail has what we call champagne powder.
Because of Vail's high base altitude of 8,120ft and very cold winter conditions the water freezes rapidly when forming snow keeping the flakes very small and solid.
Basically the opposite of 'Slush' snow 'champagne' powder is light and easy to ski or ride through.
Its more forgiving to the beginner while learning to ski too! Not only is the snow great there happens to be a lot of it, Vail receives about 400 inches a year.
Reason 3) Terrain.
Vail is HUGE, you can literally ski Vail all day long and not ride the same run twice.
With 193 runs covering 5,289 acres there is skiing for everyone.
Nearly 47% of the terrain is for beginners to intermediate skiers while the remaining 53% is back country and expert runs.
It has one of the longest runs in the country at a length of 4 miles and 2 terrain parks for the snowboarders in your group.
If these reasons aren't enough for you also take in mind prices this year are more reasonable than ever!