- Diarrhea may be unpredictable and severe enough to prevent an affected individual from enjoying life to the fullest.
- An individual with a spastic colon may experience bothersome stomach cramping.
- Spasms in the colon and intestines may cause pain in the abdominal region.
Abdominal Bloating and Gas
- When the digestive system is not working properly, an individual may feel perpetually bloated from excess gas.
- When spastic colon syndrome is severe, affected individuals may develop depression because of the inconvenient symptoms that inhibit life enjoyment.