How to Make Easy Paper Book Marks
- 1). The paper should be heavy weight like construction paper of heavy weight scrapbooking paper. Measure a width of 2 x 6 inches on the paper and mark it with the pencil. This is the bookmark size for this project. Cut the bookmark out of the paper.
- 2). Cut shapes from the remaining colors of paper or other papers you may have in various colors. The shapes can be triangular, rectangular, round, square or torn with jagged edges.
- 3). Apply glue to the pieces of paper using a paint brush to spread the glue. Apply the shapes to the bookmark. Overlap some of the shapes to add interest. Let it dry. If the shapes have gone past the edges of the bookmark, they can be trimmed with the scissors after the glue has dried.
- 4). Measure 1/2 inch down from the top edge of the bookmark and 1 inch in from the outer edge. Mark the spot with the pencil and cut a hole in the bookmark for the ribbon. Use the hole punch or pinch the paper and snip it with the scissors.
- 5). Cut a 12-inch length of ribbon and fold it in half. Tie the loose ends in a knot. Slip the loop end of the ribbon through the hole and slide the tied end through the loop securing the ribbon by pulling it tight. Add a spot of glue between the ribbon just past the knot and underneath the ribbon on the bookmark. Press the ribbon in place and let it dry so it adheres to the bookmark.