How to Install Rubber Baseboard Trim
- 1). Measure the perimeter of the room where you will be installing the baseboard trim. This will ensure that you purchase the correct amount of rubber trim. If there are cabinets or other obstacles in the room, measure around them. Add 10 percent waste when purchasing to ensure that you have enough trim to properly do the job.
- 2). Prepare the area where you are installing the baseboards by removing any existing baseboards, scraping the area smooth and cleaning the area.
- 3). Apply rubber baseboard adhesive, which may also be known as vinyl cove molding adhesive. Place the adhesive in a caulk gun and apply it to the area of the wall in a zigzag pattern. Use a notched trowel to spread the adhesive evenly over the area.
- 4). Place the rubber baseboard trim on the area over the adhesive and press firmly.
- 5). Unroll the rubber baseboard trim as you install it. Cut it when necessary using a utility knife and square to make the cuts straight.
- 6). Install corners by placing one piece of trim all the way up against the corner and the other piece up against the other piece of trim. This will make your corners look professional.