Superfoods That Boost Immunity
- The immune system is the part of the body that battles infection and disease. By keeping the immune system healthy, sicknesses can be prevented or lessened.
- Some of the best vegetables for boosting immunity are roots and bulbs; carrots, sweet potatoes and yams. They all have beta-carotene, which helps the body produce vitamin A.
- Some of the best fruits for boosting immunity are bananas, grapes and apricots. These fruits have vitamin B in common (B2, B3, B5). B vitamins help to produce antibodies, gain energy and even keep the nervous system on track.
Nuts and fish
- Nuts and fish are also considered super immune boosters. Fish is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids. These acids help reduce inflammation and cholesterol. Nuts such as hazelnuts and cashews help boost energy.
- Without the benefits of healthy foods, malnutrition is imminent. A weakened immune system can also lead to different forms of cancer and infections.