- Collections defense lawyers can help people overwelmed by debtdebt defined image by Christopher Walker from Fotolia.com
Collections defense attorneys defend clients against debt collectors. Debt collection agencies can be very aggressive and tend to overwhelm debtors with phone calls and letters. In today's society, many people are facing financial hardships and do not know where to turn. Defense attorneys who specialize in collections are a good place to start.
- Let's make a dealnegociar image by caironbohemio from Fotolia.com
Collections defense attorneys can negotiate with your creditors in order to reduce the balance on your past-due debt. If the negotiation is successful, you will have a more reasonable monthly payment and quite possibly be able to get out of debt quicker.
- Your lawyer will fight for youJustice image by MVit from Fotolia.com
Debt collectors have the right to file a lawsuit against you for non-payment of your outstanding balance. A collections defense attorney will represent you in court and make sure that you get a fair hearing.
- A good attorney can save your homehome sweet home image by easaab from Fotolia.com
If you are facing foreclosure, a collections defense attorney can negotiate with your bank so that you do not lose your home.
- Starting overDebt concept - cutting a credit card image by Sophia Winters from Fotolia.com
A collections defense attorney can also help you file bankruptcy. Filing bankruptcy is a very complicated process, and having a good attorney is essential to filing all the necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act protects debtors from abusive debt collection practices. If you feel that the debt collection agency is unlawfully harassing or trying to intimidate you, a collections defense attorney may be able to have your debt reduced or collect damages.
- Which path do I take?decisions image by Dennis Carrigan from Fotolia.com
If you have not decided what to do about your financial situation, a collections defense attorney may be able to help you. They can provide you with options and help you to make an informed decision.