Difference Between Moon Roof & Sun Roof
- Traditionally, a sunroof is made of painted metal and blends in with the top of the car. A true sunroof only allows light or air into the vehicle when it is open.
- Today, the term sunroof is a general term for any panel in the roof of a vehicle that is operable and allows light, air or both into the car. It may be manually operated or electric.
- Several types of sunroofs are available, including pop-up sunroofs, spoiler sunroofs, folding sunroofs, top-mount sliding sunroofs, panoramic roof systems and removable roof panels.
- A moonroof is considered a type of sunroof. It is also known as an inbuilt sunroof or internal sliding sunroof.
- Ford coined the term "moonroof" in the 1970s for use on its vehicles.