Health & Medical Addiction & Recovery

How to Report Child Abuse in North Carolina

Updated February 07, 2013.

If you suspect that a child is being abused, abandoned or neglected, contact the agency listed below, call your local child protective services agency, or call 9-1-1. Here is a link to the North Carolina state agency for children services and the telephone number to report child abuse and neglect in North Carolina:

North Carolina Department of Social Services
Toll-Free: 800-422-4453 (Childhelp)
If you do not get an answer at the above number Childhelp (800-422-4453) for assistance.

Childhelp® USA is a non-profit agency which can provide reporting numbers, and has Hotline counselors who can provide referrals.

Back to State by State Index

Source: Administration for Children and Families

Leave a reply