How Do I Replace the Rear Power Window in a Ford Focus 2000?
- 1). Remove the window switch bezel from the rear door panel with a trim tool. You can purchase a trim tool at your local auto-parts retailer. Flip the switch over and disconnect the wiring harness from the bottom of the switch by hand.
- 2). Remove the screws holding the door panel to the door using a Phillips screwdriver. Set the screws in one place where they’re easy to find for reinstallation later on.
- 3). Lift the door panel up and off the door by hand. Set the door panel off to the side.
- 4). Push the window glass to the top of the window channel and tape it there with the packing tape. For best results, run the packing tape from the inside of the glass, up and over the top of the window frame and down onto the outside of the glass two or more times. Fold the ends of the tape over for easy removal.
- 5). Unbolt the window motor from the door support with your socket set. Unbolt the regulator from the bottom of the glass next. The motor and regulator are one assembly, so do not attempt to separate the motor from the regulator.
- 6). Unclip the wiring harness from the window motor by hand and then pull the window motor and regulator out of the door.
- 7). Slide the new motor and regulator assembly into the door in the reverse of how you pulled out the old one. Bolt the regulator to the window glass and the motor to the door support using your socket set. Plug the wiring harness into the motor by hand.
- 8). Reinstall the door panel in reverse of how you removed it. Remove the packing tape from the window glass by hand.