How to Make a Family Tree Twig Craft
- 1). Place a small block of clay in the bottom of the paper cup; press it down firmly to secure it.
- 2). Insert the bottom of your twig or stick into the clay in the bottom of the paper cup.
- 3). Cut out one leaf shape from the green construction paper for each member of the family you wish to include on your family tree. You want to make the leaves big enough for the names to be written on, and if you want to add pictures to the leaves, then make them large enough to hold the photos.
- 4). Using a black marker, write the names of the family members onto the leaves. Put one name on each leaf, and try to include the relationship of the person whose name you are writing, such as "Aunt."
- 5). Make a hole in the bottom of each leaf using the hole puncher.
- 6). Put a green pipe cleaner through the hole in the bottom of each leaf.
- 7). Attach each leaf to the stick or twig by wrapping the pipe cleaners around the branches. Have the younger people at the top and the older at the bottom. Your craft will now be finished, but your children can continue to decorate the stick or twig with ribbons, or the paper cup with markers, crayons or other objects.