How to Install an xB Cool Air Intake
- 1). Use a standard screwdriver to loosen the metal hose clamps holding the factory air tube to the throttle body. Depress the clips holding the vacuum hose to the air tube using your fingers. Remove the air tube from the car.
- 2). Remove the intake air control valve from the left side of the air box. Slide a screwdriver in the gap between the top of the valve and the box, then gently twist until it pops out. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws securing the mass airflow sensor to the top of the air box and pull it out of the slot.
- 3). Remove the three screws holding the air box to the frame. Pull the box out of the engine bay.
- 4). Slide the end of the cool air intake over the throttle body opening and push it into position. The end of the intake will reach down into the fender area. Use a screwdriver to firmly tighten the hose clamp around the throttle body. Align the bracket on the intake with the screw holes that the factory air box was removed from. Reinstall one of the screws to hold the new intake in place. Tighten it firmly with a screwdriver.
- 5). Slip the rubber vacuum line that was previously removed onto the nozzle on the side of the cool air intake. Plug the mass airflow sensor into the port on the top of the new intake and reinstall the screws that were previously removed.
- 6). Reach under the front bumper and locate the end of the cool air intake tube. Slide the included air filter over the tube opening and tighten the hose clamp with a screwdriver.