Differences Between Nissan Xterra Models
Models and Price
- The three models are the X, S and PRO-4X. They are base-priced at $23,850, $25,840 and $29,050, respectively as of October, 2010.
- All three models offer the same engine. This consists of a 4.0 liter dual overhead cam V6 with 261 hp at 5,600 rpm and 281 lb-ft of torque at 4,000rpm. They all meet ULEV standards and have continuous variable valve timing.
- The S and PRO-4X come standard with a six-speed manual transmission with the option for a five-speed automatic transmission. The X model comes only in the five-speed automatic transmission.
- The PRO-4X offers a plethora of audio options that aren't available in the other models such as a six-CD changer, audio input jack and stereo mounted controls.
- The PRO-4X has all the pleasures and comforts that an upgraded model ought to. However, considering that there is no change in engine and only small upgrades to the suspension system, it really doesn't increase the ruggedness and off-road capability of the car. If you want to buy the car for reasons similar to their slogan, the first two models will suffice.