8 Technologies Every Small Business Needs: From a Voip Broadband Phone to Portable Projectors
1. Smartphones: The internet is arguably the greatest revolution since the printing press. Smartphones are the easiest way to access the Internet at any time. Plus, smartphones provide SMS messages, calling capabilities and tons of other tools that business professionals can make use of.
2. Laptops: Desktop computers are great, but if you need to take a business trip you can't make do with just your smartphone. These days, laptops weigh around five pounds, and there are also smaller options, netbooks, that weigh half that. But be careful, longer battery life, screen size, and power and computing capability are what you sacrifice when you choose a netbook instead of a notebook.
3. Tablets: The iPad is just one. Apps galore and a camera model will make the second generation even better than the first. Dell has one and other companies will soon release other tablets. Tablets are a great solution? or addition? to the dilemma of netbook or notebook.
4. Voip Broadband Phone: Voip service providers allow small businesses to place international calls for pennies. They also allow teleconferencing, and friends and business partners to place national calls as ordinary numbers by switching area codes.
5. Web Designer: These days it's necessary to have an online presence. That means a website, facebook, twitter, linkedin, and a host of other internet marketing solutions if you want to be able to be found easily on a google search. SEO can be outsourced or in-housed to take care of your marketing needs.
6. IT services: Setting up and maintaining all of this technology can be tricky. It helps to have someone on staff who can solve your internet problems. Or you at least want to have the availability of a support service you can call or live chat.
7. Dropbox: This file sharing service allows you to store up to 2GB of documents and folders for free. After that you can buy more. It makes Flash drives obsolete.
8. iGo: This portable projector makes video presentations a cinch. Just hook up and watch the 16:9 resolution filter onto a 70" area.
Ultimately, you want to utilize these technologies to increase sales. If you don't think that these technological aspects will bring you new customers, it may not yet be time to invest in them. Either way, it's good to know about the valuable changes and technologies affecting the business world.